Unplugged Emergency Contacts
Can your business recover in a crisis?
Your workforce has already gone mobile. It’s time your Business Continuity Management (BCM) processes and infrastructure go mobile too.
In a crisis, you may lose all of your IT-based communications. Your workforce will need to know what to do, who to contact and how to contact them. The most logical place to carry this emergency information is on your mobile device - whether it be a Blackberry, iPhone, iPad or Android device – because it is always with you.
To survive the temporary loss or congestion of the public wireless network, this information needs to be available offline on the mobile device. Unplugged Emergency Contacts provides this critical capability in a way that can easily deployed and managed across the enterprise.
What is Unplugged Emergency Contacts?
Unplugged BCM is a customizable enterprise mobile app that runs on any of the popular mobile devices in the market today. It is built on top of the Unplugged Engine, an offline software engine for mobile devices. Unplugged syncs with back end enterprise Lotus Domino and IBM XWorks servers to keep information up to date that is stored directly on the mobile device.
Using the Unplugged engine, the Unplugged Emergency Contacts mobile app provides:
- For Managers - access to contact information for staff that report to them, and staff they report up to. Plus access to emergency procedure documents so that they can coordinate and give guidance in a crisis situation.
- For Employees - access to the latest applicable contact information based on their reporting structure
How does Unplugged work?
Unplugged is cross-platform – it can work across all three of the major mobile operating systems used in the enterprise today: Apple’s iOS, Android and Blackberry. With iOS and Android, the Unplugged Emergency Contacts app is designed with a modern HTML5 user interface. These apps can be customized using XPages and IBM’s Lotus Domino Designer.
Unplugged can work offline because it installs a local data store on your mobile device, together with one or more apps that use this data store. Emergency information that is stored on the mobile devices is kept up to date by regular synchronization between the mobile devices and the Unplugged Server, which runs on a Lotus Domino or IBM XWork server. Unplugged can integrate with other enterprise back end systems, using their existing back end sync protocols.
Why use Unplugged Emergency Contacts?
- Reliability: Unplugged apps just work, even if the wireless network is congested or unavailable
- Security: All data stored in encrypted format with the Unplugged data partition on the device
- Mobile sync: This ensures that your entire workforce has the most up-to-date business continuity contact information and procedures.
- No need to keep data updated between parallel systems: Unplugged syncs directly with enterprise back ends. Built-in DXL Connector allows Unplugged to sync directly with Lotus Domino and IBM XWorks servers
- Multi-platform support: applications can be developed which run across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry) to support the diverse mobile ecosystem of your workforce
- Rapid delivery to the business: ability to customise the user interface and the business logic quickly, using high level design tools:this allows your IT department to provide other applications that are critical to the business and which should also be available offline.