Unplugged Developer workshops
XPages development for mobile devices
The latest version of Domino Designer (8.5.3 and higher) makes it easy to extend your Lotus Notes apps to mobile devices. You can create mobile Web apps quickly, using your existing Domino development skills.
In our XPages Developer workshop we will show reusable concepts using an Expense application for mobile data entry and an Approvals Web app for the iPhone. Approving business requests (e.g. sales orders or expense reports) on a PC is not always efficient. The manager may overlook or lose the email. The manager has to open Notes on his PC to process the approval request, which may take a few hours or even days if they are out of the office. By moving the Approvals process to mobile, we can speed it up significantly.
In the workshop we address the following topics:
- IBM Extension Library – Mobile Controls Project
- Form and View Decomposition
- Implementing a Mobile Approvals Application
- Mobile Custom Controls and Widgets
- Designing for Tablets and Smartphones Simultaneously
- Offline Support Using the Unplugged XPages Engine
For the next scheduled Unplugged Developer workshop event, click to our Upcoming Events schedule.